Last weekend before THE MAGIC FLUTE, I enjoyed a delicious dinner at Pettit Pois, one of my favorite restaurants so far in Charlottesville. I chose it that evening for the following reasons:
- It is convenient to the Paramount Theater- practically next door. An easy commute for my mother.
- There is an option to sit outside – I adore dining al fresco and watching the ever changing show that moves along the downtown mall.
- The inside is cool and casual European- It is all about the mood, yes?
- The menu offers few really good selections- simplicity is a bonus where I am concerned. Too much on the menu and I just get overwhelmed which makes me grumpy and no one wants me to go there- ever.
- The quality of the food is consistent and very good. I know whatever I order, whether it is a standard or something seasonal, that it will be DELISH!
- It is very reasonably priced. Appetizers start at $8, Main Courses top out in price at $24.
- The have a respectable wine selection.
Between the three of us, me, my Mom and her Sig Oth, (Stephan), we enjoyed the Fresh Pea Soup, Mussels in Creamy White Wine and Vegetable Broth, Mixed Greens Salad with Beets, Pine Nuts and Goat Cheeseand Scallops with Parsnip Puree, Spinach, Panisse and Brown Butter-Lemon Vinaigrette. All tasty and perfectly prepared.
I think we had a French white to compliment the meal but it is not on the wine list posted on the Petit Pois website (click here).
Always a favorite it gets four out of five star rating from me. Photo & logo from Google.